24.7.14

WIP : WEASLEY SWEATER, Part 1



It's no secret that I'm obsessed with Harry Potter. Like, for life.

I'm sure my credentials will check out just fine:

  • I've read all the books multiple times. 
  • Attended midnight premiers.
  • Book Releases.
  • Unlocked all the secrets on JK Rowling's old website.
  • My parents, unbeknownst to the other, each pre-ordered me copies of books 5-7.
  • I was gifted the deluxe edition DVDs each Christmas until I could afford to buy them myself. 
  • I've visited The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando twice.
  • My niece totally got chosen to get a wand at Ollivanders (my proudest moment, obvs).
  • I'm already planning my third trip to the new Diagon Alley! (!!1!!!!!!!).
  • When the first movie came out, I was exactly Harry's age, and consequently had a mad crush on Daniel Radcliffe..which lasted until Chamber of Secrets came out and I developed a crush on Tom Felton, whom, naturally, inspired my secret Myspace & AIM passwords.
  • I was an avid reader of Mugglenet.com (y'all don't even know how much I miss 2004).
  • I was also an avid reader of Harry Potter fan fiction (oh, the things I cannot un-see).
  • I loved Robert Pattinson (RIP Cedric Diggory) before he was R Patz.
  • Did I ever do a book report not on Harry Potter?
  • I now have to buy every magazine with Emma Watson on the cover & keep it forever.
I could go on, but I doubt you find that as interesting as I do. The point is that once my sweater is finished, I will officially be part of the Weasley family.

I started the sweater about a week ago using Patons Classic Wool in Natural Heather, finished the back over a weekend & have finished the front with an intarsia "H" over this week. Shoulder shaping is done & I've seamed them together. For my first sweater, it's been pretty painless to this point. Of course, it's far from perfect. I got too distracted by an episode of Gossip Girl & accidentally knit the back too long (whoops!). And I really hope blocking takes care of that wonky intarsia initial!

Now to knit the arms & finish the neck & all the seaming/weaving in. Can't wait to show you the final product! If you'd like to join the Weasley family, here's a link to the free pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment