11.8.14

Monday Mini Knitting Haul



I ain't gonna lie, y'all. Mondays are poop. But I think I've found the remedy. Just order things with Amazon Prime on a Friday, use the free 2 day shipping, and when you get home from work Monday at 5pm: PRESENTS! At least the evening will be slightly less poopy.

Here are the details of my Monday Mini Knitting Haul:

The Yarn is from New Lanark Wool & Textiles. I purchased the Adult Harry Potter Kit in Medium from them in Forest Green with Soft Gold Contrast for the initial. I'm already knitting a Weasley sweater, but this is for the next one, which will be screen accurate according to what Harry, Ron, Fred, George, etc. wore in the movies...and it will have the L for Lexie. I'm so excited! I'm hoping to finish my first one and make the next in time to wear to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando sometime this fall. Feel free to check out my progress on my first Weasley Sweater or view the free pattern from Canadian Living here.

Second, I finally ordered a set of interchangeable knitting needles. I've done research online for awhile, but there are so many to choose from, and I finally just went with this Knit Picks nickel plated set. Definitely on a frustrated whim. I haven't tried them out yet, but one of my main motivations was to get a set that I could practice magic loop with, and I've heard good things about these. All the "round" needles I've purchased in craft stores have cables that are too hard or inflexible to effectively knit magic loop. Review to come!

And finally, I guess I snuck some non-knitting items in this haul, too! My Birchbox came in the mail, and that Ageless Body Cream by Harvey Prince smells DIVINE. Also, I finally ordered the18" gold plated Circle necklace from Dogeared. I've been lusting after it since it came out, and after other Dogeared jewelry since long before that. It's dainty, feminine, and the perfect amount of sparkle for every day! Go treat yourself to something special, friends..we made it through Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment