28.9.14

Weasley Sweater Fail



I finally finished my Weasley sweater! Well, except for weaving in the ends. I totally enjoyed this as a learning process, but, sadly, I don't think this sweater will ever get worn. The sleeves are ridiculously big, and I know this sweater ain't exactly supposed to be pretty, but it's just altogether ill fitting on me. Arms too long, torso too short, too boxy & bulky all around. It doesn't even pass as "oversized" or "comfortable" or "to wear to bed this winter," just BLURGH. It might be passable if the sleeves were re-done. There's a thought. A rather painful one, though.

I did purchase an official Weasley sweater kit from New Lanark Wool & Textiles, however, so I might just try again. This time, I'm going to look for a top-down raglan jumper pattern rather than piecing it together. That way I can test the fit as I go. Plus, I won't have to seam everything. What. a. pain.

For anyone curious, you can check out the FREE pattern HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment